Medications in School

  • State law requires that all medications administered in school be accompanied by a doctor's note and parent or guardian's signed consent. This includes all over-the-counter medications. Forms may be obtained in the health office or click here.  Medication orders need to be renewed every new school year. 
  • All medications should be in the original pharmacy container. The label should state the child's name, correct dose, and frequency of administration. Ask your pharmacist to provide a spare container for school.
  • All over-the-counter medications must be in the original sealed container.
  • A permission form for self-administration of inhalers for asthma may be obtained in the health office. It must be completed by a parent and your child's health care provider.
  • At no time may students medicate themselves for fever, pain, sore throats, etc.
  • Students are not allowed to transport medication except with a doctor's order to "self-carry". Controlled medication (Ritalin, Dexedrine, narcotic pain medication), injectables must be dropped off in person, to the nurse.  
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.